Fire Safety & Extinguisher Training
All training will take into account the findings of your fire risk assessment and will be designed to be easily understood by all those attending.
Fire Safety & Extinguisher Training is based around the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and will include:
- Any fire hazards within, or associated with, your premises
- The general fire protection measures installed in your premises
- Actions to take in the event of discovering a fire
- Actions to take on hearing the fire alarm signal
- The use of the portable fire extinguishing equipment installed in your premises
- Management of fire safety in the work place
- Fire safety in the home
Duration and Structure:
Approx. 2 hours. Training will consist of:
- Theoretical content – PowerPoint presentation/group discussion – classroom-based
- Practical – where space is available, Adena Fire can bring the live fire simulator for delegates to have a hands-on experience of putting out a fire with extinguishers
- Summary of course content
- Certificates for each delegate, following the course
Your premises or at a central training venue provided by Adena Fire.
- Room for presentation
- Outdoors space for live fire demonstration, where required
All staff require training in what to do in the event of a fire and is a requirement under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. The actions of staff, if a fire occurs, are likely to be crucial to their safety and that of other people in the premises.
All staff should receive basic fire safety induction training and attend refresher sessions at pre-determined intervals, at least once every twelve months.