If you would like to join our team, and help continue to build the success of our company, then read on. We hope to hear from qualified candidates soon.
Vacancy – Fire Risk Assessor
Position Title: Fire Risk Assessor
Basis: Self-Employed Sub-Contractor
Location: To travel to sites predominantly London and Home Counties
Pay: Excellent rates per job – details on application
Candidates will only be considered if they are either currently serving or recently retired from the British Fire Service. Ideally you will have achieved officer status, however, this is not essential for candidates with significant fire prevention experience.
Adena Fire is looking for qualified, experienced and reliable Fire Risk Assessors who can help us continue to build the success of our business in the fire safety sector. The successful candidate will be conscientious, professional and amenable, and ensure that our clients receive the best possible service and product for each job undertaken.
Adena Fire is a small but growing, fire safety services company based in Essex. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service and product to our clients, delivered in a professional and friendly manner by our engineers and consultants. We provide fire safety services ranging from Fire Risk Assessments and Fire Safety Training, to Dry Riser Testing and Maintenance, both directly to clients and via third-party companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client liaison: to contact client via phone to book a job, within 24 hours of receipt of job details
- To ensure that the Adena office is kept up to date with progress of job booking and any difficulties contacting the client – via phone/email
- To conduct the site visit and assessment and liaise with the client contact
- To prepare a professionally presented and comprehensive report, and send to the Adena Fire office within seven days of the site visit
- Prepare and send invoice within seven days of the site visit
Working Hours and Location
- In general you will be required to undertake Assessments during office hours to suit each client
- Most work will be in London and the Home Counties
About You – What we are looking for
- Currently holds a position within the British Fire Service, or recently retired (within past 5 years)
- Hold full, clean UK driving licence and has own vehicle
- In-depth knowledge of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, and other key reference materials
- Ability to utilise experience and knowledge, in undertaking Fire Risk Assessments gained in a variety of premises such as: offices, shops, educational, licensed premises and factories/warehouses.
- CS Todd and Associates PAS 79 methodology and report writing
- Able to write up reports on a computer using the new PAS79 template (in Adobe), and email to the Adena Fire office
- Industry contacts and affiliations to relevant fire safety organisations
Please email Jacqui@adenafire.co.uk with your current CV, along with any further information that you feel may be appropriate.