Fire Engineering Consultant
We are looking for an experienced Fire Engineering Consultant to join our growing team.
The Role of the Fire Engineering Consultant
As a Fire Engineering Consultant, you will be expected to deliver safety projects and fire engineering advice and solutions in high risk industries completed to client’s satisfaction.
- Delivery of Fire Strategies
- Assess the hazards and risks of fire and the effects
- Interpret, and where possible, perform fire modelling
The Successful Fire Engineering Consultant
The successful candidate ideally will need detailed and thorough knowledge of UK standards and regulations, for example, BS9999, RRFSO, PAS79, BS7974 and ADB as well as knowledge of other regulatory regimes.
- A degree in Fire Engineering or equivalent as a first degree or post grad
- A chartered Fire Engineer is preferred, however, any recognised qualification will be considered
- Affiliation with the IFE.
- To undertake fire risk assessments across a variety of property types ranging from residential, healthcare, custodial, education and commercial
- To undertake fire integrity / compartmentation surveys to identify breaches, proposed remedial repairs through to preparation of specification and design
- To provide quality & technical monitoring on construction projects
- Ideally have good understanding of Approved Document B, Health Technical Memorandum 05-02, Building Bulletins, relevant British Standards
- To review contractors’ proposals on construction projects and provide comment on suitability for the intended purpose
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results. They will be passionate about fire safety and will strive to provide the upmost quality on every commission.
- Fire Engineering/Safety qualification
- Experience of undertaking Fire Risk Assessments
- Strong knowledge of UK fire safety legislation
- Accredited fire risk assessment qualification or equivalent would be advantageous
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Ideally MIFireE or has a membership of a relevant professional body
- Ability to successfully lead on and manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong track record in management of projects from inception to completion
- Client facing, ensuring high standards of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- A track record of working with teams and prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team to check and authorize fire engineering work.
- Hold full, clean UK driving licence and has own vehicle
- Excellent administration skills and good use of the English language
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our team, please email Jacqui@adenafire.co.uk with your current CV, along with any further information that you feel may be appropriate.
Or you can fill out the Assessor Recruitment form below, providing us with the necessary information to assess your application.